The successful Parts salesperson is an individual who is motivated from within. This is an individual who understands that we are a business of convenience. The customer buys from this dealership because it is easy – not because they have to. The successful salesperson will be willing to do what is takes to put the best face of the dealership forward. Coming in early enough to make sure the department is cleaned and orderly, or staying late to take care of a customer should not be a problem.
They must be friendly, honest and knowledgeable about the products they sell. They must learn and use the key sales fundamentals as well. In short, they must participate in a “Sales Culture” in their department understanding that the most important thing that happens in the dealership is putting cash in the register while putting smiles on the faces of the customers. Every action, attitude, display, product, and service in the dealership is solely for this purpose.
- A good salesperson will be punctual without excessive absences.
- It is expected that the salesperson will follow the highest standard of ethics in dealing with both the customer and the company.
- Salespeople will make sure the parts area is clean, free of clutter, and all displays are neat and fully stocked.
- The phone must be answered promptly, and parts customers must not be left on hold for extended periods of time.
- All sales are to be properly rung up and accounted for.
- The salesman must be familiar with and operate within the guidelines of the Parts Department D.O.M.
- Salespeople will learn and use sales fundamentals
- Parts employees are to insure that the stockroom is kept neat and orderly at all times.
- Salespeople will assist the receiver in putting away stock whenever customer traffic permits.
- Successful salespeople will seek every reasonable opportunity to make the most of each selling opportunity. Upselling is an art that the salesperson must master.
- Issue parts to service department employees with the same professionalism as our over the counter customers.
- May be required to perform other duties as needed by the Parts Manager or General Manager.
Empire Harley-Davidson has a great in-house training program, along with some excellent off-site training opportunities.
We are a family owned company with decades of experience in the motorcycle industry. We provide a great working atmosphere with plenty of coaching and training to succeed and thrive!
We offer great benefits, paid vacations, personal days, an excellent employee purchase program, and an awesome fun atmosphere!
- College Degree preferred but not required
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be personable
- Telephone skills are a must
- Easily motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Recovers well from setbacks
- Works well with others
- Individuals must possess the ability to think pro-actively, work on a team and react to every day changes while giving each customer the "Harley-Davidson® Experience" they deserve.
- Weekends are a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)